Saturday, January 9, 2010

Winter Weather...



Our winter season has been very interesting so far. We had near blizzard conditions during Christmas Eve and we experienced Arctic weather this past week. In fact, according to the NWS the only other time it was this cold was back in 2005! Normal season temperatures are returning on Sunday, so I will be getting out to shoot some wildlife. 2010 looks like it could be a very nice year. Here are some captures of the snow and ice here we experienced in Iowa Park.

Thanks for viewing!
-Ben




A very large icicle hangs from the roof. It fell shortly after I took this photo.


I used my cross screen filter for this photo.

My shadow and I out on Christmas morning taking

pictures of the snow.

My cousin Audra takes advantage of the snow

and constructs a "Snow Swan".

Ice at Middle Lake.


The whole lake was under a sheet of ice.

The blustery wind gusts and below freezing temperatures

created these very photogenic ice formations.





1 comment:

About Me

My photo
I am 25 years old and I have been a photographer for 11 years now. I love nothing more than taking my camera out on a photo shoot with me. I mainly focus on nature photography.That is where my passion is. I love looking at all of God's wonderful creations and capturing them in the photographic medium. I have won awards and have received special recognition for my photography. It is my calling and my passion!