Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Blog Redesign and Some New Bird Photos...

I have redesigned my photo blog. I have added a new banner, some of my links (including: my photography links, fellow photographers, and weather links) and you can now subscibe to this photo blog. So I think its a nice new change.

I am also posting some new photos of some birds that I have taken. I am practicing a manual focus technique, which I hope will improve my wildlife photography. It is not easy, that is for sure! Several times I missed great action shots because of focus, but the shots that I did get look much better (sharpness).

I have also received a new piece of equipment. A new tripod and ball head combo. I purchased the SLIK Pro 813 CF-II carbon fiber tripod and the SLIK Pro SBH-280E ball head. All of these photos were taken with the SLIK 813 with the Manfrotto 3421 gimball head. So far, I really like this tripod. It is half the weight of the 700DX and its easier to assemble. The only draw back is that it is thinner, which means it won't do as well when the storm season comes 'round. I will keep the 700DX for that reason.

Thanks as always for the support!

-Ben






















No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am 25 years old and I have been a photographer for 11 years now. I love nothing more than taking my camera out on a photo shoot with me. I mainly focus on nature photography.That is where my passion is. I love looking at all of God's wonderful creations and capturing them in the photographic medium. I have won awards and have received special recognition for my photography. It is my calling and my passion!