Monday, November 2, 2015

Where Three Winds Meet: Reception and Publication...

Where Three Winds Meet: Poetry by James Hoggard and images by North Texas artists.

A few months back one of my good friends, Elizabeth Hawley, asked if I would participate in a project she was overseeing. The project was for a book of poetry by James Hoggard that would feature local Texoma artists. Elizabeth has followed and supported my work for a long time and she thought my work would be appropriate for the book. In all honesty I wasn't sure how my work was going to fit in a poetry book. But I agreed and happily submitted photos hoping they could use one or two of them. Well, it turns out they used seven! Not bad at all...This past Thursday was the reception for the exhibit and my first time reading Jim's poetry. When I met Jim and his wife Lynn, I received one of the best compliments about my work. I am truly honored to be a part of such an amazing project and humbled to be featured with such outstanding artists. If you would like a copy of the book you can purchase them here: http://www.acentralplace.org, or at the Kemp Center for the Arts gift shop. Below are some photos of the book and the reception. Thanks again to Elizabeth Hawley and Jim Hoggard!



The artists and Jim Hoggard. Photo by: Elizabeth Hawley
Me at the reception standing behind one of my pieces (top right)
Photo by: Tim Jacobi

Signing one of my photos for a fellow artist. The artists would sign each other's books kinda like a high school yearbook.
Photo by: Elizabeth Hawley. 

I had a great time at the reception meeting new people and seeing old friends in the art community. Here are some close ups of the book and my photos that were featured. 

Mr. Hoggard signed my book "To Ben: with a world of respect"
After the bio and introduction page you see Jim's first piece and my photograph "The Howling Winds". The poem is appropriately names "Earth and Wind". This image was made several years ago when I was just starting to get into storm photography. 

A photo from the storm season this year. 
On page 50.


"When Four Tornadoes Joined" is a poem about the tragic F4 tornado that struck Wichita Falls in 1979. The image was from the April 22, 2010 Goodnight, TX tornado


Page 120


Crooked Creek Falls in Arkansas



My last photo was featured in the index of the book. 



I am so honored to be in such a great collection of poetry and art pick up your copy today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I am 25 years old and I have been a photographer for 11 years now. I love nothing more than taking my camera out on a photo shoot with me. I mainly focus on nature photography.That is where my passion is. I love looking at all of God's wonderful creations and capturing them in the photographic medium. I have won awards and have received special recognition for my photography. It is my calling and my passion!